Location: NC, SC
Telecommunications Tower Antenna & Line Lead (TAL) is a supervised member of a crew performing antenna and line installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting activities on structures in accordance with (IAW) installation design drawings and or written Scope of Work (SOW). Work performed must comply with all applicable industry standards and best practices. The TAL is authorized to supervise Telecommunication Tower Apprentice/Telecommunication Tower Technician (TTA/TTT) level crew members during the On Job Learning (OJL).
The TAL may not act as a Competent Person for antenna and line installation during this phase of education/training unless deemed competent by the employer for SOW. The TAL assists the Telecommunications Tower Antenna & Line Foreman (TAF) with successful completion of the SOW and may be assigned crew leadership duties.
- Responsible for complete troubleshooting and repairs for tower wireless sites across the assigned territory.
- Will complete scopes of work assigned by the National Maintenance Manager, ensuring quality, timelines and safety.
- Onsite support and training will include:
- Grounding installation of antennas
- Antenna mounts, microwaves, co-ax lines, tower-mounted amplifiers (TMAs), radio frequency (RF) jumpers, remote electrical down-tilts, Bias-T’s, remote radio heads
- Fiber/DC Hybrid cables
- Sweep and passive intermodulation (PIM) testing
- Site audits and maintenance tasks
- Troubleshooting, repairs, and maintenance
- Support for ensuring safe work conditions and adhering to TeknoGRID safety protocols
- Previous training and/or 36 months experience climbing telecommunications towers preferred, transferable military jobs (radioman, comm techs, field radio personnel) strongly encouraged to apply.
- Familiarity with all major carriers (Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, Ericson and AT&T)
- Excellent safety record
- Able to climb up to 200+ feet into the air on telecommunications antennas
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to work in varying weather conditions
TeknoGRID is committed to delivering outstanding service and integrity to every client engagement. We design, construct, operate IT and telecom systems for public and private facility owners and operators. We are focused on striving for our “Big Vision” at becoming a recognized leader + driving force in deploying and servicing “Smart City” and “IOT” State of the Art systems and services. Our goal is that property developers, telecom providers, and public & nonprofit organizations will continue to look to us as a valued partner.
Hired candidates will be required to submit to a criminal background check and subject to a drug screen.
TeknoGRID is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer.