Telecommunication Tower Technician is a member of a crew performing general construction activities with an
emphasis on tower system installation and maintenance and inspection of existing support structures used in the
provision of essential telecommunication systems, including personal wireless communications, public safety
communications, utility networks, and broadcasting.
- Responsible for build and maintenance of cell towers, small cells, oDAS and other wireless equipment and structures.
- Must provide support to the foreman on tower top or as RF technical lead. Will need to be skilled in PIM and sweep testing as well as site troubleshooting, integration and turn up.
- Ensure quality installation prior to turning over the site for completion.
- Act as secondary lead with the ability to run a two man tiger team for maintenance and troubleshooting calls.
- Interact professionally with subcontractors, safety personnel, and customers.
- Strong attention to quality and detail.
- Sprint and/or AT&T integration experience and certifications strongly preferred
- Must have a minimum of 2 years continuous experience as a tower tech or RF tech.
- Must be willing to climb and have the ability to be ComTrained.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Ability to read blueprints, specifications, and MOPS.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to sit, stand, kneel, stoop, and climb for extended periods of time.
- Experience installing equipment for major carriers such as AT&T, Sprint, Verizon or T-Mobile.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work overtime as needed including nights and weekends.
- Must have excellent computer skills.
TeknoGRID is committed to delivering outstanding service and integrity to every client engagement. We design, construct, operate IT and telecom systems for public and private facility owners and operators. We are focused on striving for our “Big Vision” at becoming a recognized leader + driving force in deploying and servicing “Smart City” and “IOT” State of the Art systems and services. Our goal is that property developers, telecom providers, and public & nonprofit organizations will continue to look to us as a valued partner.
Hired candidates will be required to submit to a criminal background check and may be subject to a drug screen.
TeknoGRID is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer.