As a Small Cell Technician and member of a wireless service deployment team, you will be responsible for deploying and maintaining small cells, which provide coverage and capacity solutions for the outdoor environment. Skill sets include installation, deployment, maintenance, and support of small cells on various structures (poles, buildings, street furniture, etc.), and the preparation for power and fiber backhaul, for wireless operators.
- Install, remove, configure and make repairs to radio, network, and peripheral equipment for various clients in the North and Southeast.
- Complete troubleshooting, and evaluate data related to RF/communication/microwave systems.
- Field Assess network design and report on issues regarding alternative design and network strengthening.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist work crews in planning, executing, and operating a safe work zone.
- Regional and National travel as required (+/- 40%).
- Experience in technical field service and engineering, working with point to point and point to multi-point networks, mesh networks, and familiarity with both indoor and outdoor installations.
- Experience and understanding of RF propagation fundamentals, antenna theory, and troubleshooting network devices (Preferred).
- Proficient in use of Google Earth, Map Info, RF modeling software, network monitoring software, and spectrum analyzers (Preferred).
- Ability to work, meet deadlines, and create high quality deliverables with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Outlook.
- Excellent communications, interpersonal, presentation skills, and the ability to work on complex technical problems.
- Fiber experience a plus
TeknoGRID is committed to delivering outstanding service and integrity to every client engagement. We design, construct, operate IT and telecom systems for public and private facility owners and operators. We are focused on striving for our “Big Vision” at becoming a recognized leader + driving force in deploying and servicing “Smart City” and “IOT” State of the Art systems and services. Our goal is that property developers, telecom providers, and public & nonprofit organizations will continue to look to us as a valued partner.
Hired candidates will be required to submit to a criminal background check and subject to a drug screen.
TeknoGRID is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer.