TeknoGRID is seeking an in-building Wireless/DAS Lead Technician to be the onsite lead of DAS construction and commissioning projects supporting our growing DAS and ERRC construction division.
- Daily onsite management of projects including the documentation of job safety analysis (JSA), Sweep and PIM test results, and as-built drawings
- In-building DAS and Small Cell installation, commissioning, and optimization
- Lead installation, termination, and test of ½” coax, fiber optic cable, Cat6a cable, couplers, splitters. and antennas
- Perform and document Sweep, PIM, OTDR, signal level, and noise measurements
- Install DAS headend and remote equipment, E-nodeBs, RRH, and DC power plants
- Assist wireless carriers in the optimization of DAS. Utilizing test phones, and RF scanners
- Perform DAS maintenance to include fault analysis, interference mitigation, and link balancing
- Leading and mentoring less experienced technicians
- Communicates schedule and coordinates access with customer contacts
- Reports construction progress, issues, and concern to the Construction Manager
- 5 years of experience in DAS
- Knowledge of RF theory, signal flow, noise, and power
- Ability to read Visio, CAD, and IBwave drawings
- Proficient in the use of RF and optical test equipment i.e. spectrum analyzer, base station analyzer, and OTDR
- Knowledge of wireless operator’s technologies, standards, frequencies, and KPIs
- DAS commissioning certification in at least one of the following DAS OEMs. Corning Mobile Access, Andrew Commscope, Teko, or Solid
- Must have a valid driver’s license
TeknoGRID is committed to delivering outstanding service and integrity to every client engagement. We design, construct, operate IT and telecom systems for public and private facility owners and operators. We are focused on striving for our “Big Vision” at becoming a recognized leader + driving force in deploying and servicing “Smart City” and “IOT” State of the Art systems and services. Our goal is that property developers, telecom providers, and public & nonprofit organizations will continue to look to us as a valued partner.
Hired candidates will be required to submit to a criminal background check and subject to a drug screen.
TeknoGRID is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer.